The Anticipated Nokia N96

Good day everyone, I've been using the Nokia N96 for more than 7 months. Now I decided to write a brief review including hardware specifications. So let's get started. First off, let's go with the hardware specification:


  • CPU Dual ARM 9 264 MHz processor

  • GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 850/1900

  • 103 x 55 x 18 mm, 125 g

  • TFT 16M Color, 240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches.

  • 16 GB internal memory, microSD card slot (up to 32 GB)

  • 5 Megapixels, CarlZeiss optics, autofocus, Dual LED flash

  • GPS, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB 2.0

  • DVB-H TV broadcast receiver
  • Standard battery, Li-Ion 950 mAh (BL-5F)

  • Symbian s60 9.3

  • Kickstand
And now the review. Well, the Nokia N96 is definitely beautiful. I fell in love with it the first time I saw that shiny look of it. The hardware is a little bit disappointed, but overall, I still rate it five stars out of five. It doesn't come with the 3D hardware accelerator which really slows down the system. But that's not the only problem. The problem is I think because of its new fp2 s60, it seems to use much more RAM than its predecessor, the N95 8GB, which my brother owns. To illustrate, if you run a same java game on the n96, it is slower than running on the N95 8GB. There is one thing I don't really understand is that it says it has about 90 MB of RAM when it runs, but in fact, you only have ~ 50 MB. Hopefully, the new firmware update from Nokia which was released in Europe about a week ago will solve this "pain in the ass" problem. Other feature is the same as the N95 8GB. I bought mine for about $780 including shipping, but now I think the price is $578 (shipping not included). So, I don't really recommend you guys to buy it because it's a little bit slower, but I'm using it and so far so good. Nokia also confirms that this device is unhackable, well, I don't really think so because, you know, every software comes out will have its own patch or crack after a while. However, I always encourage you guys to use genuine softwares as supporting to Nokia and other associated companies. Well, I think that's it. Enjoy! N96 rocks. Check out a picture of a Sakura tree that I took with my N96 in macro mode:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Markdown Blog with ASP.NET and C# - Part 1

Verbose Mode C++

Markdown vs. the World